Monday, January 26, 2009

Multiple Literacies

Currently in my life I am involved in numerous different things. The first thing that sticks out in my mind when asked about the different literacies in my life is the daily devotional. I read it every night before I go to bed and it completes my day for me. Another area that sticks out is of course school. We are asked to read numerous different things on a daily basis. Through these readings I find myself discussing some of the things with my classmates, where as with my daily devotional I hardly discuss it. And then for leisure I read the occasional girly magazine or two. My roommates have a lot of them laying around and when I find myself with extra time, which is very rarely, I will give one a glance. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with all of these different types of multiple literacies that you have mentioned. I think that it is important for us all to have literacies that we use on a daily basis. Having different types of literacies enables us to have some variety in our life and also allows us to build relationships throughout life as well as during school. This leads me to say that it is important for children to have different types of literacies that they use on a daily basis other than school related areas. I never realized how many different types of literacies that I use everyday and how important they are to me.

    ReplyDelete