Monday, March 2, 2009
Smart Board/ Promethium Board
To be honest I very little experience using either one of these. I have seen them use multiple times but have personal never used one. I have done a presentation using a smart board using power point and that is it. I think they are great to use in the classroom especially with the world we live in today. Our students use technology on a daily basis and if it is incorporated in the classroom then the material will be more relatable for them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
As evident in my blog, I feel the same way. The biggest problem with writing in high school is trying to apply it after high school is over. Even if College is not the road taken, how often is one required to write something that only allows five paragraphs with an intro, body, and conclusion. Although this method of teaching writing can be very helpful, I think that it is something that should be built upon. This type of instruction should be an introduction to the writing process, which will allow students to get their foot in the door or composing written works. Unfortunately this is usually the only writing structure students are exposed to in High School and become stuck when embarking on future endeavors. There are several ways to fix this don't you think? For example, exposure to writing that will occur in the future for students can really break the fiver paragraph stereotype.
ReplyDelete